In order to apply for this position you must meet the following requirements:
- Be a graduate of an ARC-PA Accredited Physician Assistant Program
- You must hold a current and valid certification with the National Commission on Certification for Physician Associates (NCCPA).
- If successful, you must register with the UK Managed Voluntary Register for Physician Associates (similar to the US NCCPA) and join the UK Association of Physician Associates. You must also participate in continuing medical education programs
Personal qualities and experience
Living and working in another country is a big step to take and therefore we need to make sure that applicants have thought about the move and also demonstrate some of the qualities that will enable them to flourish in a new and different environment.
In addition to that this programme is an important and high profile transformational change project which seeks to create a revolutionary change within the National Health Service and build up the Physician Associate profession from its current position. As such we are keen to ensure that any PAs coming over to be a part of this programme are able to make a valuable contribution to these important goals.
We are looking for candidates who can demonstrate the following qualities:
- Significant clinical experience, preferably in a generalist specialty (Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Hospitalist, Emergency Medicine or surgical specialty).
- A commitment to professional learning and development.
- Any cross-cultural experience and sensitivity would be a bonus.